Teachers are very familar with the popular program Inspiration. I think this program is really great, easy to use and surprisingly versatile. However, it is (relatively) expensive and sometimes too much. Here are three web-based versions of something similar (including a fantastic version by Inspiration *bias alert*). My pros and cons are based on very limited use (read: first impressions). If I'm wrong about any of them, please let me know. Also, I imagine the developers will constantly be adding functionality to these (at least I hope so) and so some of the cons may disappear!
- PRO: everything you love about inspiration... only online
- CON: no offline mode, user account required, makes me wonder how they will sustain their pay version, so good I wonder what the catch is :-)
- PRO: Looks good, easy to use, no sign-up required to create (but you will need one to save), free, prints nicely, collaborative functionality
- CON: No outline feature, no "clip art", no font control
- PRO: easy to use, offline mode, some font control, simple graphics
- CON: for-pay version has more functions, less "organized" (i.e. more linear) for younger users